Sneak Peek for Treasurefest

The journey continues...

While selling at AlienCon two years ago, I came up with an idea take my art in a completely new direction.  People enjoyed my calendars, but I felt that the subject was too limiting.  The end result of this is the debut of three new series: Warriors, World of Dance, and Motivational Posters.  I may still do calendars, but they will no longer be the main focus of my work.  I want to be more successful and make a name for myself.  I hope it all goes well.  If not, I'll keep trying!

In anticipation of this weekend's event, here are some examples of what I will be selling:


This is a layered acrylic shadow box art piece representing the warrior Tomoe Gozen of Japan.  This style of artwork is what I have been working on all year.



A side view of the piece to show the "3D" effect. The photos don't quite capture it. The effect looks better in person.


This is one of a series of Typographic posters. This was a late addition, but I loved the result.  The idea came to me while looking at motivational posters.  I felt that the concept would adapt well to my "Warrior" series. In all, there are 9 different designs. If people like them, I may do more.




Apache

This is one of 30 different designs for my main "Warrior" series. The original plan was to make trading cards, but that idea went south, I wanted to do something a bit more enticing to the eye. This design is the result of the nearly two-year project. Here are a few more. to see the rest, you'll have to see me at my show as I won't be selling these online for a while.



Miyamoto Musashi

Anne Bonny

Zande Warrior

I made a few sets of magnets to fit the whole "Warrior" theme.  I always enjoyed the artistic designs of these ancient warrior shields.  For the Vikings and the Aztec, there are 12 different styles.



World of Dance. 

One of my more popular calendars was the Cultural Dance Calendar. While designing that one, I had the idea to do a non-calendar related series that mixed dance culture with world travel.  I am showing 10 different pieces in this series.  Here is the one I did for India; sold as a layered acrylic and a flat 5x7:



I have a series dedicated to the travel industry (which includes World of Dance).  I made a set of 8 keychains in the style of vintage flight tags.


There will be another update after the show this weekend, as well as info on how I plan to sell these online going forward.  Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recent Work

Online Store at Society6