Catching Up Part 1

Hello. It's been a while since my last post. I've had a rather interesting personal life. So interesting, in fact that I've managed to not draw very much.

Let's see, I lost two friends (they're not dead, we just don;t speak anymore for reasons to silly to go into/ Really. I can't even explain it if I tried!!)

But I did manage to sneak in a few art pieces for special occasions. Let's go through them now.

Joyce Quan, The "Naked" Superhero:


I created this one for a friend of a friend. Joyce was in the hospital undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer and this was the artwork for her 'Get Well' card. I'm not much for the superhero artwork, but I feel I did a pretty good job on this. All I did was base her pose on Supergirl. Thanks, DC Comics!


Christmas at ATPA:


I believe this is the last piece I did for the company I work for. This was back in 2010 as a greeting for our internal website. So no one outside of our company has seen it. It's a small piece and I think it only took me an hour or so. Around this time, I became jaded about the company and some of the people that work there and I was reluctant to do any more pictures. I'm all better now, though.


Christmas 2010:



I had petty much given up artwork this year and I was just fine with it. But after making that little picture for the company, I decided that it would only be fair to make something for my friends and family. So I decided to do this picture as an homage to my favorite Calvin and Hobbes picture. Cyan loves it. I gave her a large framed version for her bedroom. For everyone else, I made it into a magnet:


I made this and decided I can't just make a magnet and not have a card to put it in. Also I hate store-bought cards. So I whipped this up:


People love my magnets so much that I decided to make them a tradition. They don't take long to do and they last all year. Why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recent Work

Online Store at Society6