2014 Calendar - Rejected Ideas Part 2

January


I started this one not really knowing how the series would come together. I envisioned a series of pictures with "Hopper-esque" influences but that's about it. I remember spending too much time worrying about the staging of this scene and what elements should go in it. I spent a great deal of time adding details to the buildings and the train, then went to bed. The next morning, I looked at the whole piece again and hated it. I still gave it another shot and added people to the scene but I ultimately gave up on it. I didn't even bother adding details to the sky.



I really like this one. With the movement of the background and the cool train in the forefront, I think it's a really cool image on its own. But in the calendar, not so much. After I found my rhythm and I finished more pictures in the series, this one looked a bit out of place. It has an overall different feel than the rest of the series, so I took it out and did a whole new one for January. For this piece, I may take out the graffiti and make a whole new picture from it. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recent Work

Online Store at Society6