Lilli's Birthday

Two months into 2012 and I've been pretty busy art-wise. An old friend asked me to draw a picture of her boyfriend Jaime and his daughter Lilli. This is a bit of a departure for me as I usually only draw myself. Anyway, She wanted it jam-packed with pop culture references as the two subjects are huge nerds. See how many you can spot.


There's also a couple of homages to a friend that passed last year. This project was emotional in many ways, so I wanted to do a great job on it. At one point while putting it together, I had an idea to make it 3-D-ish. I hadn't done anything like that before, but I think the end result came out pretty cool. You can kinda make out the effect in the pic I took of the final framed piece:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recent Work

Online Store at Society6